This is a part time role with the opportunity for flexible working hours to suit your needs.
The User Experience Designer is part of the Product Team and is responsible for identifying and prioritising changes to the UX through stakeholder and user feedback.
We are looking for someone to join us on a fixed term contract (approx. 12 months) to provide maternity cover.
You’ll need to be capable of planning and leading the UX involvement in both your own projects while also providing support to your UX Designer colleague in helping to guide their projects and develop their skills.
Experience working within a product environment is essential.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Conduct appropriate user research activities such as: customer and stakeholder interviews, contextual inquiries, examining analytics data, surveys, gathering baseline metrics
- Facilitate and participate in brainstorming sessions / design workshops, clearly framing the problems at hand and thinking creatively in generating possible solutions. Collaborate effectively with key stakeholders from across the business in order to drive common vision
- Produce appropriate deliverables that effectively communicate the design of intended solution from low fidelity wireframes and whiteboard sketches through to high fidelity mockups and interactive prototypes
- Present design concepts to key stakeholders in order to gather feedback, clearly explaining the rationale behind your decisions
- User testing – Carry out user testing throughout the design and development lifecycle to measure the success of your designs and validate your decisions. Evaluate results, identifying and prioritising any potential changes to the design
- Interact with the developers and testing teams to ensure the quality of the final execution is consistent with signed off concepts, quickly overcoming implementation issues if they arise
- Document acceptance criteria and provide assets for implementing changes to the user interface required to achieve the chosen solution
- Develop and maintain the pattern library, ensuring it is adhered to and any proposed new elements are carefully assessed in terms of impact on the consistency and quality of the user interface and overall experience
- Produce assets in alignment with the Product Communications Plan e.g. blog posts, newsletters
- Has experience presenting work to various levels of the business and tech teams, for review and sign off and will be responsible for communicating the user experience requirements to all relevant development /projects teams
- Has an eye for visual interaction details, excellent creative skills, excellent verbal skills, and an ability to think creatively and laterally
- A thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle, information architecture, and user experience
- A strong track record of user experience design/interaction design, information architecture as well as user research. You will have the ability to think strategically, act tactically, and solve problems quickly
- 3+ years’ experience in User Centred Design (including testing and research), able to demonstrate both creative thinking and the delivery of solid UI design solutions
- Experience of coaching and developing less experienced designers
- A self-starter who proactively identifies problems and proposes solutions and improvements
- The willingness to take responsibility and own the success of key features or projects
- Able to do big-picture thinking while maintaining acute attention to detail
- Is authorised to work in the UK
- Experience of working on web development or software projects in areas such as email, e-commerce, analytics, mobile, social media, online advertising or other digital marketing channels
- Experience working on SaaS applications with a task focused orientation
- Proficient in using Axure and/or Sketch+Invision for prototyping designs
- Is Degree or degree-level educated