Software QA Team Lead
Our QA Team are an integral part of our software development cycle, being closely involved in scoping and definition all the way through to release and post-release testing and monitoring and are passionate about baking quality into everything we build. We work to fortnightly release cycles, ensuring we get updates and new features to our customers regularly and to exceptional levels of quality.
Reporting to the Head of Development, you will manage the QA Team to control the workload within the team while performing hands on testing and development of our automated test suite.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing and empowering the QA Testers to ensure quality throughout the process, report on velocity of the team and oversee quality assurance.
- Providing both system and regression testing for all software development, including integration with other software providers.
- Work closely with the product and development teams, input into the design process and ensure that acceptance criteria are included and quality is embedded throughout the software delivery process.
- Define and improve test strategies for software components. Investigate and implement changes to test strategies to ensure maximum efficiency and bug detection during testing.
- Author and maintain test scripts to ensure they are up to date and fully effective, working closely with development teams to input into and review automated tests.
Desirable Knowledge & Experience:
- Proven experience of testing SaaS/web applications
- Experience of defining test strategy for software components
- Experience of working in an Agile environment
- Experience of creating test cases from functional specifications and/or user stories
- Previous team/tech leadership experience
- Recruiting, managing, motivating and developing teams
- Working with databases such as MySQL, MariaDB etc.
- Experience of version control, preferably Git/Github
Full time, 9:00am – 5:30pm
Interested? Here’s how to apply
Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com, or give us a call at 01273 648 869