We are recruiting a Software Development Engineer in Test to join our QA team.
This is a great opportunity to work in a collaborative style across the Development team, whilst supporting us to achieve a fully automated testing process.
Skills and Experience:
- In depth experience of agile processes and in-sprint testing.
- Proven experience of creating automated tests using Cucumber and Webdriver.
- Excellent understanding of testing on multiple test environments, experience of CI extremely beneficial.
- In depth experience of writing test cases, including the differences between automated and manual scripts.
- Experience of Gherkin writing and Cucumber automated BDD.
- Experience of testing best practises and able to identify areas for improvement and make positive suggestions for change.
- Experience of using agile and bug tracking software, for example Jira.
- Experience of API testing is beneficial and so is the ability to use a browser’s dev tools to diagnose issues with an online application.
- Good experience in querying and updating databases using SQL statements.
- Solid ability to effectively investigate new feature development as part of an agile process.
- Able to write and maintain test scripts, acceptance criteria and other documentation that can easily be shared and understood by other team members.
- Able to effectively participate in 3 Amigos style BDD collaborative design
- Able to clearly translate technical requirements and tests to other team members and non-technical teams.
- Effectively manage own time and workload, able to identify when team members are under pressure and share the load.
- Able to effectively communicate in a respectful way to all teams and colleagues.
- Show a passion for quality and high standards, act as an advocate of these to other teams.