Pure360 is a marketing technology provider based in the heart of Brighton. We specialise in helping eCommerce businesses get the best results across email and website. We work with over 1000 organisations including brands such as Rightmove, Virgin and innocent drinks.
We are looking for an engineer to join the SysOps team at Pure360 as we transition to DevOps. The team is responsible for ensuring the stability, security and performance of the platform and also for the software releases and infrastructure components.
Our infrastructure runs on AWS / JVM(Scala) / PHP and MySQL Galera Clusters. Having migrated to cloud services, we are planning to migrate part of the the data layer away from MySQL. You will be given autonomy to research, recommend and implement solutions.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced sysadmin or devops engineer to further their skills and progress their career by moving beyond BAU administration into owning and driving improvement within the platform.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Investigating and resolving last-line support issues
- Working with the development teams where necessary to identify and resolve bugs
- Investigating trends in monitoring data to identify issues with ELK / New Relic
- Maintaining and improving the software deployment and configuration CI/CD systems
- Out of hours on-call (1 week per month with 1 s/w release that week)
- 50% Project / 50% BAU work balance with WFH option and travel to the Lisbon office
- Backend support of the Pure360 LAMP stack
- Linux administration (Ideally RHEL/AWS/Ubuntu)
- Web support (Apache Httpd & Nginx, Load balancers)
- RDBMS Database administration (ideally MySQL and Galera)
- Scripting/automation (ideally Bash/perl/python/ansible)
- Devops experience (ideally Ansible / Go / Jenkins / Travis / ELK)
- Highly self motivated, can-do attitude, eager to learn and progress
- Ability to take ownership of projects and drive through change
- Excellent time management skills – able to manage project and team workloads
- Great communication abilities on multiple levels (technical, business & external customers)
- Confident in presenting technical concepts and mentoring team members
- A strong work ethic combined with an ability to contribute to a positive team environment
- Previous experience with an ESP (Email Service Provider)
- Enterprise Cloud Server (ideally AWS – EC2 / Route53 / S3)
- Supporting Enterprise-scale MX/MTAs (ideally PowerMTA)