We are looking for a database engineer to join the SysOps team at Pure360 as we transition to DevOps.
The team is responsible for ensuring the stability, security and performance of the platform and performing regular software releases.
Our infrastructure runs on AWS / JVM (Scala) / PHP and MySQL Galera Clusters. Having migrated to cloud services, we are planning to increase our use of containerisation and migrate part of the data layer away from MySQL. You will be given autonomy to research, recommend and implement solutions.
The team is split between Brighton and Lisbon and occasional travel to our Lisbon office is required.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced sysadmin or devops engineer to further their skills and progress their career by moving beyond BAU administration into owning and driving improvement within the platform.
- Investigating and resolving last-line support issues
- Normalising and migrating the current Galera/MariaDB base to AWS RDS
- Working with the development teams where necessary to identify and resolve bugs
- Investigating trends in monitoring data to identify issues with ELK / New Relic
- Maintaining and improving the software deployment and configuration CI/CD systems
- Out of hours on-call (1 week per month with 1 s/w release that week)
- 50% Project / 50% BAU work balance with 1 day / week WFH option and travel to the Lisbon office
- Backend support of the Pure360 LAMP stack
- RDBMS Database administration (ideally MySQL / percona / mariadb and Galera)
- ProxySQL or similar
- MariaDB/MySQL to RDS migration
- Linux administration (Ideally RHEL/AWS/Ubuntu)
- Web support (Apache Httpd & Nginx, Load balancers)
- Scripting/automation (ideally Bash/perl/python/ansible)
- Devops experience (ideally Ansible / Go / Jenkins / Travis / ELK)
- Highly self motivated, can-do attitude, eager to learn and progress
- Ability to take ownership of projects and drive through change
- Excellent time management skills – able to manage project and team workloads
- Great communication abilities on multiple levels (technical, business & external customers)
- Confident in presenting technical concepts and mentoring team members
- A strong work ethic combined with an ability to contribute to a positive team environment
Desirable skills and experience:
- Previous experience with an ESP (Email Service Provider)
- Enterprise Cloud Server (ideally AWS – EC2 / Route53 / S3)
- Supporting Enterprise-scale MX/MTAs (ideally PowerMTA)