Are you a passionate, experienced Scala developer, keen to work with a like minded team, where you will play an instrumental part in improving our world class, market leading platform?
We want our customers to benefit from the best possible product and our developers are central to making this happen.
About our Development Team
- They have a wide range of development experience and are happy and confident in analysing problems, proposing solutions, developing our processes and improving quality throughout the platform
- They’re a friendly, passionate team, committed to producing user-focused software for high profile clients, used by thousands
- They approach development with future-proofing, reusability of code and platform compatibility in mind and are aware and highlight the effects of certain coding practices.
- Taking a lead role in developing our core Scala applications
- Leading quality in the applications by taking a lead decision making role
- Drive good architecture design through use of contemporary design patterns
- Provide mentoring to the team where required to improve skills and productivity
- Input into our agile processes to improve velocity and quality where possible
What we are looking for:
- Proven development experience in Scala and a passion to continue to develop and grow
- Experience leading or taking a senior role within teams
- Someone who is able to both contribute ideas and put them into practice
- Someone who is passionate about programming and always on the lookout for new solutions to help us create a market leading product.
- Someone up to date on the latest trends who is able to provide knowledge and suggestions in relation to software architecture, design and best practices.
- Someone who is enthusiastic about the challenge of building a product that supports this and encourages our clients in best practice and helps them engage with their clients
- Great team-working skills, we discuss ideas prior to implementation
- Someone able to contribute to the creation of and develop our new product, from initial project discussions through the lifecycle of testing and deployment.
Essential skills & experience
- Experience developing applications in Scala
- Experience developing applications using Functional Programming principles
- Experience developing applications using the Play framework
- Experience leading agile development teams
- Understanding of REST API principles
- Experience with Slick and MySQL
- Experience with Akka
Additional beneficial skills & experience
- Experience working with big data
- Experience with source code management tools, ideally Git and Github
- Developing with a TDD approach
- Experience working with email/SMTP beneficial